29 Mar 2013

Exciting News!!



Post drafted 31 January 2013

I'm writing this post now but unfortunately can't publish it until up to 12 weeks time.

Today we discovered we're expecting baby number 2!! We're very excited, very happy and very at peace. 

I've been sick, even before the long weekend away. I knew I had a cold coming up cause I had that weird tingling feeling in my throat. I don't know if you guys get it ... how I would describe catching it would be when you didn't keep your body warm enough over night so the next morning you wake up with this tingling feeling in your throat. 

Other factors that I calculated that may have lead to my sickness was, prior to arriving to our holiday destination (Avoca Beach) the tingling feeling had moved into a cough, I didn't pack any warm clothing either and for most of the weekend we experienced rain and cyclone like weather. And finally Eli ended up with a case of gastro and figured I've cross contaminated myself. So when we returned and I was sick as a dog I wasn't overly surprised.

My body ached, I felt like I could not even get out of bed. Eli was still going through his gastro, I was changing a soiled nappy every 40 minutes. I had to call my mum to bring me food (arescaldo of course) and help me look after Eli while I got some rest, my mum is the best! 

The next day I still didn't feel 100% so Ian took the day off to look after both of us. While we were doing the groceries my stomach did not sit very well. I was constantly dry reaching to the point that Ian suggested maybe I'm pregnant and I'm suffering from morning sickness. The thought never crossed my mind cause the first time around I did not feel any form of sickness plus I figured maybe this new condition was part of my flu. 

That afternoon I took a pregnancy test. The results were positive ... I'm pregnant! I woke Ian up from his nap and asked him to have a look. We smiled, we hugged, we talked about the next steps. 

It's weird, I'm not working nor am I planning to work but we're not worried. The one thing we learnt from the first pregnancy is - you'll adjust and you'll be surprise how everything works itself out. Think positive, let go and let God. We (I) were so stressed about things when I was pregnant the first time and now that I look back on the stuff I use to be worried about it's so minute to me now. I think we got so focused on the issue we didn't have an objective view on options, plus hormones probably played a part. 

So what now ... well I have to buy another pregnancy test just to confirm the results. From memory I need to see a doctor about getting some blood work done so they can take a snap shot of my blood levels etc to see if there are any red flags now. Also the blood work will tell me how far I am too. We're interested to know how far I am for a number of reasons: we barely get an opportunity and we've had some massive weekends last few weeks and I hope my actions have not impacted my baby. 

I believe in the power of thought and declaring, so I claim now my baby will be a girl but either way I will be over the moon with whatever God blesses us with ... OMG Eli's going to be a kuya!!  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons

Share this post with friends