26 Jun 2015

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
Several weeks ago I was awarded by the lovely Charlene from Teacher by Trade, Mother by Nature a Liebster Award.

What is it?

What is a Liebster Award you ask? The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to reach out and learn more about the blogs they enjoy. It also acknowledges bloggers, especially newbie bloggers and gives them the recognition they deserve. Accepting the award means answering 11 questions asked of you and adding in 11 facts about yourself. 

Then nominating your own 3-11 bloggers and asking them 11 questions of your own. (Please note: the 'rules' of the Liebster Award varies across the blogosphere - the ultimate goal is to Share the Blog Love)


Here my answers to Teacher by Trade, Mother by Nature's questions:

1. What motivated you to start your blog and how long have you been blogging?
I've actually been blogging on an off for years. My earliest memory of blogging was in high school, when the only blog platform available (and for free) was Geocities. I was motivated to start blogging again after I had my first child. I just wanted to capture this new phase in my life and share my experiences. I've had this blog for about four years now. 

2. What does your family think about your blogging? 
They know about it but no one really acknowledges it. Not overly supportive nor have issues with it. It's the elephant in the room. 

3. What is your favourite quote? 
I'm actually going through a quote phase at the moment. Find stuff online and Pinterest and pining or screen shot-ing it for personal and future reference. Last quote I pinned was: "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Mohammad Ali. Last quote I took a screen shot of on my phone: "Comparison is the thief of Joy"

4. What makes you laugh out loud?
I'm one of those people who finds jokes about stuff their into funny, so others may not find it funny, (unless they're into it too) like gym meme's and parenting jokes. 

5. What is your most prized possession? 
I'm a mother so I own nothing now, ha! I guess the one tangible thing I take extra care of and would be so upset if I ever lost, would be my wedding rings.

6. What is the best feedback you have ever received on a blog post?
"I love reading your blog." Getting feedback that someone has enjoyed content I came up with always makes my day and makes me proud of my little space. There are moments you wonder whether if anyone is reading, wonder if what you put other there is any good? So getting that kind of feedback is just ... amazing for any blogger I think.

7. Who inspires you? 
I'm inspired by people's actions and behaviours as pose to one particular person. I'm inspired by people who show courage, people who are selfless and those show resilience in tough situations. This could be a humble good samaritan, someone who loses a ton of weight to get their health back in order, a person who loses everything but turns their situation around, people who raises awareness and money for issues that no one else seems to be talking about. Those are the kind of people who inspire me.

8. What is your favuorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide link!)
I've got a few (what Blogger doesn't?)

9. What are three things you cannot live without?
  1. My family
  2. Wifi 
  3. Moisturiser 
10. What is your greatest joy in life?
My family. They're my greatest achievement and brings me so much joy than I ever thought I could imagine.

11. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self?
Don't worry and over think so much. Take more risks cause things always work out. 

11 Facts About Me:
  • Im left handed.
  • Im tall (59 or 171cm)
  • I love Japanese food.
  • I hate when people are late and dont give you notice they will be – its a pet peeve of mine.
  • I wear contacts or glasses
  • I prefer reality shows over tv series
  • I hate ironing
  • I love spread sheets
  • I have a sweet tooth and always have room for dessert
  • I cant watch horror or thriller movies anymore
  • My favourite number is 13

I nominate the following bloggers:

My 10 questions for my nominated bloggers:
  1. Why did you start blogging?
  2. What category or topic do you love blogging about the most and why? 
  3. What are two lessons you've learnt since you started blogging?
  4. What do you like to do offline?
  5. Besides your emails and social media platforms, what's one website you visit daily or very regularly?
  6. Where would your dream holiday destination be?
  7. A television show or series you're currently watching.
  8. Are you a morning or evening person?
  9. What motivates you?
  10. What was the last movie you saw at the cinemas?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons

Share this post with friends