20 Feb 2012

Busy Mum Excuse & Eli Update

Its been awhile since I’ve posted.

I now understand the mother excuse “when I get the time to do it”. There really isn’t enough time in the day, in the week to do everything you need to do. I get thorough my tasks as much as I can when I can. I literally start something, stop mid way through the task, then next minute start something else. The time frame between these cycles can be anything from a minute to several hours. This process is occurring for about 3-4 tasks simultaneously. No wonder I hardly sleep, no wonder I can’t sleep, no wonder I’m exhausted.

Eli has grown so much in the past few weeks. I look at him and I realise how quickly time is flying and he’s not that little fragile baby I took home July last year. He’s eating his home made baby food with such excitement. I’m so pleased he loves to eat and eat so much of it. I guess it there's some truth to what the midwife at the prenatal class suggested. Which was to continue to breastfeed and hold back introducing baby food as late as possible will set their tummies ready for solids. Eli is loving all the new foods in his diet.

He’s master the art of sitting on his own and standing up .. then grabbing onto anything that he can pull himself up on. I love walking into his room to find him standing up in his cot, smiling to see you. I also love walking in and finding him playing quietly in his cot with the limited toys he has in there.

He has a thing for edges and corners. He grabs corners of blankets and pillows. He’s fascinated by the corners of his play mat so much so he tries to pull it apart. He’s getting to that age where you can’t leave lost items too close or else his fast hands will quickly grab them. And that grip …. Where do babies have such strength?

It’s great having our families look after him especially in this critical stage of development. The only draw back is there are three different techniques of nurturing going on and this can be annoying when you’re trying to instill a process and routine. Before I went to work I could put Eli into his cot sleepy and he knew how to put himself to sleep. Now we’re finding this technique does not work. 

Here's a recent pic of the cheeky and growing little man

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons

Share this post with friends